Free things to do around Alkington Grange Barns ....
1) A Full day of fun with Free entry to RAF Cosford which makes a fantastic day out for all ages. There is a science area for the more inventive minds, the younger members of your group will love the aeroplanes, jets and rockets that tower above your head!!!! Full of information and history an incredible experience. It is based on a real air force site, so you may see a Harrier Jet arrive!
2) The Mercian Cycle route runs right pass us here at Alkington Grange Barns, so pack a picnic and go and explore the wonders of North Shropshire!!
3)Star Gazing is one of the magic wonders of being in the UK Countryside. Here at Alkington Grange Barns you can walk down to our woodland picnic area and watch the stars and planets. Making wonderful memories on your family holiday You could even see a shooting star!
4) Take your young explorers to Whixall and Fenns Mosses, which is an internationally renowned SSSI site that can actually be seen from Space!!!!!! Very close by to Alkington Grange Holiday Barns and perfect for all the family, including the dog to enjoy. Submerse yourself in nature for a day and discover its World War 2 top secrets. This site has been on BBC countyfile many times.
5) North Shropshire has an abundance of canals, which make a wonderful day, enjoy a peaceful walk along the Shropshire union canal, soak up the relaxing atmosphere and refresh yourselves in one of the many pubs that adorn this wonderful canal way. You may see a Kingfisher on your way.
6) The Cheshire Ice Cream Farm is a fantastic day out for young and old and of course an ice cream at the end of the day will make everyone happy. With Free Entrance and an ice cream tree that blows out snow, what more do you need!!!! This is a prefect for young visitors!!!
7) Ellesmere's Lakes and its well equipped play ground creates another fun filled day for all the family. Feed the many varieties of ducks, geese and other water birds, take a boat trip around the lake or relax with a drink and watch the children play and enjoy the lake side views.
8) Whittington Castle is a spectacular example of a medieval castle. You can wonder around the well preserved ruins and image being a knight of old. They hold many re-enactments through out the year, with medieval villages and real battles!
9) One of the Wonders of the world, is only a short distance from Alkington Grange Barns. The Iron Bridge Gorge, the first Iron Bridge built by Thomas Telford is an incredible place to visit. Walk across this amazing structure and absorb the wonder of the world. See our website for more local wonders of the world.
10) After all of these wonderful things to do there's nothing like a special day staying in Alkington Grange Barns, with our beautiful swimming pool, toddler play area, country walks and multi sports court, there is something to entertain everyone and its all included in your holiday price!!!
Other Places with an Addmision charge...
Chester Zoo, Park Hall Farm, The Ice Cream Farm, Ironbridge, Hawkstone Park just to name a few!!!